Listen to this post here:
I haven’t read this book yet, but it is free now on Amazon, and this note on its review caught my attention:
“…It (Leadership) sucks because real leadership is hard, requires selfless service, and because the buck stops here.
Servant leadership or Level 5 leadership is uncomfortable, humbling, self-denying, painful, and counter-intuitive;
nonetheless, it is the only kind of leadership that brings lasting results, genuine happiness, and true self fulfillment…”
Here is the link to the book (not sure how much longer it remains free): Why Leadership Sucks: Fundamentals of Level 5 Leadership and Servant Leadership –
Feel free to share here if you got the book, and what you think about it, or about the note…
While negotiating terms, always give or pay your team members more than they ask for, and then ask them to do less than they were willing or expecting to do.
They will be happy that way, and you will feel great as well!
Furthermore, your team will be much more likely willing to go the extra mile, farther beyond what you paid for or dreamt getting.
How do you maintain this good will as days go by?
- Firstly, take care of your team members. Don’t worry about getting the job done. It will turn out fine. Keep reading.
- During the day to day activities, show your team how much you care about the team’s goals, by going the extra mile yourself.
- Clearly describe the goals.
- Keep the door open for their prospective.
- Ask for suggestions on how to reach those goals.
All this is much more powerful, than telling them they need to do more, or what they should do.